1999 toyota Camry Le V6

1999 toyota Camry Le V6: The Toyota Camry has been a staple household name in Australia for over 3 decades. For several, it's been a reliable and practical household automobile. For others, it's the scourge of all driving pleasure. Regardless of what you might assume, it will certainly quickly be remembered in history as the last vehicle to be made in Australia. While I highly doubt there'll be wave of fond memories over cars and truck owners and also their Australian developed Camry, I enjoy to share my experience via a review of a 1999 Camry I once had.


1999 toyota Camry Le V6


As I would state to my friends whose eyes would glaze with feigned interest at the mention of my automobile, this was no ordinary Camry. It was a V6 Touring. While it possibly had not been unique enough to be labelled a "Touring", being loaded with a wonderful 3.0 litre engine, sports tuned suspension, as well as a 5 speed guidebook just weren't precisely unsatisfactory things to have in a car. If it featured the Australian GTP bodykit, it would certainly've also looked cosmetically pleasing to me. Regrettably it didn't, so I had to cope with the modest back looter as well as alloy wheels as the only markings that this Camry was a little bit unique.

Before I talk it up way too much, let me state that it's no 86. The FWD framework meant there was excessive torque guide and also body roll, killing the fun out of spirited driving. The gearbox had not been excellent either, being as well tall and feeling loosened in between changes. On the other hand, its performance was quite usable as an everyday vehicle driver for surpassing and also travelling at highway speeds, as well as the careless tailoring made it easy to use in traffic.

There's a silver lining to that FWD layout. With essentially no changes to the physical dimensions, the V6 Touring was just as functional as any other typical Camry with generous amounts of front, rear, and boot space. With just "plush-knit" textiles and leather strapped gear-knob as well as guiding wheel to establish it apart, it might've been a bit more fascinating However general the layout is straightforward and also unobjectionable. I additionally liked how its plainness meant I wouldn't feel pretentious relaxing inside with the engine off, sunroof open, seat reclined, and feet up with the radio on.

Reliability, was not as bulletproof as you would certainly anticipate from Toyota's image. There were some problems, such as an engine oil leak, a dropping back home window, and also a master cylinder going out. While these weren't cheap to repair, they weren't problems that I thought this generation of Camry was infamously poor for. It's more a situation of the routine owning a used vehicle: routinely preserve it, and also be prepared when a part breaks down.

A significant problem of the V6 Touring was, unfortunately, the V6 itself. As the step to smaller sized ability engines in also mid to large-sized cars and trucks highlight, the V6 engine is no miser as well as refused to be treated like one. My Camry came mounted with an aftermarket LPG tank to decrease the impact, and when LPG prices are around the 60-70 cent range, it absolutely did. However, the repercussion was not just the price of setup (which was government subsidised at the time it was done), however the fact that a large combustible tank occupied half the the boot room and also crippled its 60:40 split layer feature. Making use of LPG over unleaded also dulled the throttle action, and transformed the vehicle's performance anaemic. It's not very, being required to select between gas usage as well as driving pleasure.

My 1999 Camry V6 Touring was not one of the most reputable, functional, or fun day-to-day driver to be had. It had parts that broke down, a room loading gas storage tank in the boot, and also torque guided a bit too much. Yet when I recall, I do not regret having the car. I liked that it was an absurd concession of everything. A jack of all professions however master of none. During my very early university years I can ferry around close friends to wherever I should, drive with a bit of fun, as well as frugally also with LPG touched on. The fact that maybe driven with handbook, and still had hydraulic steering and also drive-by-wire innovations, included physical feedback that offered you a sense of the road. It's a Camry I boast of having, and a story I'll be proud of sharing when the moment comes that we look back to assess the cars and trucks that were when integrated in Australia.